References to “SG Property (UK) Ltd”, “we” or “us” or “our” in this policy describes the Company and our websites which you are visiting.
Please read the following carefully, and if you have any questions relating to this notice and our privacy practices please email email@example.com.
- Who are we?
- What information do we collect about you?
- How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
- How and where do we store your data?
- How long will we keep your information?
- Who will we share this data with, where and when?
- Other Websites
- Your Rights
- Access to your information and correction
- How to contact us
Who are we?
Company Name: SG Property (UK) Ltd
Company Registration Number: 07711167
Registered Office: 3 Ruskin Road, Crewe, Cheshire, CW2 7JR.
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 01270 623 241
We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number ZA067558.
What Information do we collect about you?
We collect information about you when
- you contact us via phone, email or in person at our offices and make an enquiry with us or request our services;
- you complete one of our enquiry forms, application forms, service questionnaires or contact us forms using one of our websites: sglettings.co.uk, www.sgservicedaccommodation.co.uk, www.sgpropertygroup.co.uk, www.sgaccommodation.co.uk (our “Website”).
- you provide feedback to us;
- you visit one of our websites and information is also collected using cookies (see Cookies section below).
If you contact us we will keep a record of:
- our interaction with you and any correspondence;
- details of transactions you carry out with us and details of any reservations made;
- details of visits to our Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We use this personal data for the following purposes:
- To fulfil a contract. This includes:
- providing our services to a property investor or landlord including processing information in connection with a property’s sale or letting, management of a property and arrangements for funds transfer.
- providing our services to a tenant or guest including processing tenant check-ins/ check-outs, guest bookings and responding to accommodation maintenance requests or queries as they arise during the contract period.
- communicating with you.
- As required by us to conduct our business and pursue our respective legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to provide services to you before we have a contract with you (for instance sending potential inventors, landlords and tenants property details, completing tenant referencing checks or providing quotes for maintenance works) in response to a request or enquiry by you;
- we will use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our services or the properties which we deal with;
- we will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation); and
- if you provide a credit or debit card as payment, we use third parties to check the validity of the sort code, account number and card number you submit in order to prevent fraud (see data sharing below); make sure this is present.
- for internal record keeping;
- we use data of some individuals to invite them to take part in market research;
- Where you give us consent, we may:
- provide you with information about other products and/or services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about products and/or services we feel may interest you;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
- For purposes which are required by law:
- to verify your identity;
- to verify a prospective tenants right to rent in the UK;
- to process a tenancy deposit in association with an Assured Shorthold Tenancy;
- in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
How and where do we store your data?
SG Property (UK) Ltd is a professional organisation who is committed to providing a quality, honest and safe service to our customers. We use reputable industry software in our business to facilitate secure data storage in a cloud based solution and the secure transfer of data. We have comprehensive virus protection in place to protect our equipment and data. We have implemented physical and procedural access controls in our workplace, which limit access to data to those with a genuine need to operate our procedures.
SG Property (UK) Ltd and its chosen third parties may store or transfer some or all of your personal data in countries that are not part of the European Economic Area (the “EEA” consists of all EU member states, plus Norway, Iceland, and Liechtenstein). These are known as “third countries” and may not have data protection laws that are as strong as those in the UK and/or the EEA. We will take additional steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR by keeping a record of the GDPR commitments of those third parties and reviewing them annually.
Where SG Property (UK) Ltd transfer your data to a third party based in the US, this may be protected if they are part of the EU-US Privacy Shield. This requires that third party to provide data protection to similar standard levels of data protection to those in Europe. More information is available from the European Commission.
How long will we keep your information?
Where we process personal data in connection with performing a contract, we keep the data for 7 years from your last interaction with us.
Where we process registration data, we do this for as long as you are an active user of our sites and for 7 years after this.
Where we process personal data for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in future.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
SG Property (UK) Ltd may sometimes contract with the following third parties to supply products and/or services to you on our behalf.
We may share your data with:
- Any other named party to a signed contract, such as your landlord or tenant;
- Third parties who provide services to the property for maintenance and repairs including plumbers/electricians/builders/carpenters;
- Surveying companies for surveying services required for the sale/purchase of your property;
- Utilities companies where we are required to do so to adhere to a tenancy agreement;
- Referencing companies to obtain references for letting a property;
- Deposit Protection Service providers to allow us to protect your tenancy deposits in line with regulation in relation to an assured shorthold tenancy;
- Block managers where a let property is a leasehold property;
- Inventory companies who conduct check ins and check outs;
- Our analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our Website;
- Insurance and warranty companies where you have decided to buy a product or service through us;
- Mortgage brokers we are partnered with for mortgage services and advice;
- Independent financial advisors for advice relating to your property;
- Solicitors and conveyancing agents for legal advice relating to your property
- government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws;
- providers of database management services for the secure storage of your data;
- providers of email communication, text message communication and live chat services to help us to run our business;
- providers of payment services to allow us to accept electronic payments from our customers; and
- providers of IT support services to allow us to maintain our internal systems and maintain control over our internal security measures and practices.
In the event that we sell or integrate our business with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchaser’s adviser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we employ security measures designed to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours and other companies in our group which may be of interest to you. In some cases, we are able to send you direct marketing without your consent, where we rely on our respective legitimate interests. For example, we will remind landlords of their legal requirement to complete an annual gas safety certificate at their properties and offer to quote for this work. If you have consented to received marketing from us, you may opt out at any time by following unsubscribe instructions contained in the communication, or by contacting us using the details set out below.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports or website activity.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.com or www.allaboutcookies.org
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
What Cookies are used on our website?
The cookies we use on our websites are broadly grouped into the following categories:
- Essential– Some of the cookies on our Site are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this could be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on our Site or which allows communication between your browser and our Site. Our cookie preference cookie described in the section “How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?” is also an essential cookie. You may not be able to use our Site without these cookies.
- Analytics– We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our Site. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our Site or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited our Site once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyse how well our Site was performing and improve it without these cookies.
- Social Sharing– We use third party cookies to allow you to share content directly on the social networking/sharing sites like Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Examples would be if you wanted to “like” or “tweet” about us or our products or services. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
- Interest-Based Advertising– You will have noticed that when you visit websites you will be shown adverts for products and services you may wish to buy. The money made by website owners for showing third party adverts on their websites often pays for the cost of running the website and therefore usually allows you to use the website without having to pay a registration or usage fee. To try and ensure that the adverts you see are relevant to you third party cookies may be used to collect information about the types of things that interest you, for example websites you visit and the geography that you are based in. Having these cookies does not increase the number of adverts you will be shown, but simply makes the adverts you see more relevant. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
You have certain rights as a data subject under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which governs the collection, processing and disposal of personal data by organisations such as ours.
In relation to personal data about you, you have the right:
- to be informed about how and why we collect and use the data
- to be given access to the data we hold
- to have any inaccurate or incomplete data rectified
- to ask us to delete personal data, earlier than we might already dispose of it
- to prevent us from processing the data further
- to object to us using the data for particular purposes
We provide contact details at the end of this Policy for you to use if you have any complaint about our processing of your personal data. If you are not satisfied with the way we deal with this issue, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), which is the body in charge of supervising personal data use in the UK.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email email@example.com.
The accuracy of your information is important to us, please help us to keep your records updated by informing us of any changes to your email address and other contact details.
How to contact us
If you have any questions about this Policy, or the information we hold about you, then please email us;